Sunday, September 25, 2011

Art Tables: Tack Welding Nuts & Washers

    During the design process, I toyed with different ideas to attach the legs and frames. Because of the size of the tables, it was important to be able to disassemble them for movability.  I finally decided on adhering the nuts to the inside of the legs.  This would eliminate creating wrench access for assembling.
     One of hardest processes to get right was tack welding the nuts to the washers.  They had to be centered; the perfect heat was essential; and holding them flat while welding the second side took some experimentation.  In the end I only wrecked 5 out of 64.

1 comment:

  1. The thought of your article is pretty distinctive which is a good factor in driving more visitors to visit your site.I even told my friends to take a look at your post and in fact your blog is already bookmarked on my computer. Hope to see more of this. Keep it up!



    Chris Gilman Medford Oregon

    ReplyDelete